Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Government Grantwriting Intensive
Monday, February 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM - Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM (EST)
Writing a federal grant is a daunting task. Know your organization’s capacity to administer a federal grant program before you spend time and resources applying for one. This 4-day intensive gives you the skills you need to secure, sustain, and leverage federal dollars. In this unique hands-on program, you will learn:
- What funders expect you to have in place before you apply.
- How to conduct a search and identify the rightgovernment grant
- How to write a federal grant and make a compelling case for your organization’s work
- Get a jump start on your basic proposal with in-class writing exercises
- Hear from a panel of seasoned grant administrators and public policy specialists
- Learn how to use census data to build a compelling case for support
- Experience the funding process from a grantseeker or grantmaker’s perspective
COST: $895 for 4 days of instruction | $795 (a $100 discount!) for GCN Members -- email firstname.lastname@example.org for code
Developed and presented by Ellen McCarty, Certified Grants Specialist and President, McCarty & Co. Ellen currently presents ABCs of Government Funding in collaboration with the Foundation Center-Atlanta (one of our most popular classes!)
Budget expertise provided by John Zoller, MBA, Public Policy Consultant
Census training provided by Genora Barber, Information Services Specialist, U.S. Census Bureau
When & Where
Ellen McCarty, McCarty and Company
Ms. McCarty is a Certified Grants Specialist and a Certified Grant Reviewer for local, state, and federal agencies. She has an extensive background in the identification of funding sources, grant/proposal development, and grant management for government and private donors. Examples of government grants she has received funding for include the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; and the U.S. Department of Justice. The organizations she has led as a nonprofit executive director have been recognized at the local, state, and national level for client programs and services as well as their consistently high regulatory compliance rating.
Testimonials: “Excellent presentation. Great advice.” “Extremely knowledgeable presenter; very practical, step-by-step information.” “Ms. McCarty was an engaging and great presenter. Very wise.”